We are available for you!
Toronto: (416) 656-8100
Pickering: (905) 427-0057

Email Us!

Monday, April 7, 2014

How healthy DO you live your life - Striving for Perfection? Toronto ND speaks about his own lifestyle


Wonder if you are doing all the right things in your life?  Are you searching for balance


It's 18 years of practice as a naturopathic doctor in Toronto.  I give lots of health advice, all day long; Clients have often asked me in the practice, "what do you do to stay healthy in your life?"

So, I am no angel here, I live in moderation. It is for me a very personal choice when we are talking about lifestyle. I have been challenged in my life with life threatening illness and there have been times when I was very, very strict with my diet and lifestyle.

Today, almost a dozen years since my illness, I've really made an effort to be 80 percent "good" in my diet and lifestyle.  Here is my TOP FIVE list for a healthy lifestyle:

1. GET enough sleep, al least 7 hours
2. Take time to meditate, or pray at least 10 minutes per day
3. PLAY, take time with my kids, play board games, read for fun; this is how I get balance in my life
4. I have ONE cheat day a week to indulge in my weaknesses in diet
5. I avoid Sugar, for the most part, but if offered it, I will have it and if you to slow down the breakdown of sugar, have a few almonds (as a source of protein ) before.

So get your top 5 things in place, if you are in a place in your life where you are maintaining optimal health and wellness! Have fun and find your BALANCE 




No comments :

Post a Comment